JULY 8, 2020 WATER MAIN BREAK – The repair of the system is complete. Please run your water for 5 minutes before using. Thank you for your patience.
Arabian Acres Metropolitan District is a water district made up of approximately 150 water taps. We have a personal interest in protecting our resources and strive to provide quality drinking water to each home served.
Current Board of Directors:
Edith Coffman, President
Stan Claassen, Treasurer
Elizabeth Douglass, Secretary
Allan Brown, Assistant Secretary
Lanny Hoel, Assistant Secretary
ORC Water Operator
(719) 482-5125 (24 hours)
Walker Schooler District Managers
District Phone: (719) 900-5824
WSDM Office Phone:(719) 447-1777
If you have any questions or comments regarding the Arabian Acres Metropolitan District or for the Board of Directors, please contact Walker Schooler District Managers at (719) 900-5824.
- July 7, 2020 Update: Today and tomorrow we will be working near our well fields at our Main Control Building A on Silbani Lane near Donzi Circle. Later this week, we will be working on Donzi Circle from the tank to Banner Trail.
- May 28, 2020 – NEW OFFICE HOURS: The Walker Schooler District Managers office will now be open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday beginning Thursday, May 28, 2020. We request if you visit our office to please wear a face mask and gloves and practice safe social distancing measures. If you feel symptomatic, please avoid coming to our office. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (719) 447-1777.
- April 27, 2020 – NEW OFFICE HOURS: Walker Schooler District Managers office will be open 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Monday through Friday beginning Monday, April 27, 2020. Our staff will remain available during the regular business hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM remotely to take care of any requests by phone or email. We request if you visit our office to please wear a face mask and practice safe social distancing measures. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (719) 447-1777.
- March 13, 2020 – As your water provider, we at Arabian Acres Metropolitan District take the evolving outbreak of COVID-19 very seriously. We want you to know that we are here to keep you safe. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “coronaviruses are susceptible to the same disinfection conditions in community and healthcare settings as other viruses, so current disinfection conditions in wastewater treatment facilities are expected to be sufficient. This includes conditions for practices such as oxidation with hypochlorite (i.e., chlorine bleach) and peracetic acid, as well as inactivation using UV irradiation.” You can find the CDC’s page on COVID-19 and municipal water by clicking here. Since we are a community water system we are required by the state of Colorado to disinfect our drinking water. We use chlorine to achieve this task. Chlorine has been proven to kill or sterilize viruses and bacteria. Arabian Acres Metro District Water Systems is tested on a monthly basis to ensure that there are no bacteria or other harmful agents in our water. We want you to know we provide you safe water. If anything changes, we will update this message to reflect those changes. Please feel free to reach out to us with questions or concerns.
- January 31, 2020 – A public hearing of the Arabian Acres Metropolitan District to discuss the drinking water treatment and distribution system project is scheduled for March 4, 2020, at 5:30 p.m. at the Divide Fire District Station, 103 Cedar Mountain Road, Divide, CO 80814. Please find the official Notice of Public Hearing here: Notice of Public Hearing of the Arabian Acres Metropolitan District